Daal bhajia are quick, crunchy and tasty snack made with moong dal, spices and herbs. Daal bhajia also known as pakoda is one of the most enjoyed tea time snack in Indian subcontinent. There are many kinds of pakoras made across India. Undoubtedly Onion pakoda is the king of pakoras. Moong Dal Bhajia is a popular Gujarati recipe made using moong dal.
This snack recipe is a good option for kitty parties and monsoon evenings. It goes well with tea/coffee. Enjoy this easy recipe!
- 1/2 kilogram skinned and cleaned Moong daal
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 8 stalks of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Soak the daal for a few hours or overnight
- Drain off the water. Put a little bit of the daal at a time in a liquidiser and blend with a small amount of water. Do not blend into afine paste
- If the mixture is too runny drain off the excess water
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Make into small balls and pat to flatten the top slightly
- Deep fry in medium hot oil until rich rust in colour
- Serve with coconut chutney