Kluai buat chi or banana in coconut milk is a Thai dessert. Bananas are simply cooked in a mixture of coconut milk and coconut cream to create a flavorful dessert. Usually, Kluai buat chi is composed of two batters, one salty and one sweet, both of which are cooked in a pot.
The dessert is widely served throughout Thailand and is popular in neighboring countries such as Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia. It may be served hot or cold.This rosemary ranch chicken recipe is so delicious, tender, and juicy the chicken will melt in your mouth. Even the most picky eater will be begging for the last piece.
This dessert is simple but very delicious for the banana lover. Bananas are simply cooked in a mixture of coconut milk and coconut cream to create a luscious treat. Fresh sweet healthy coconut milk shake with bananas
Sweet Banana with Coconut Milk
- 1 packet coconut cream
- 6 ripe bananas(ngonja)
- 1 Cup Sugar to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoons(tsp) nutmeg
- 1 Pinch saffron
- Slice each banana into three, lengthwise
- In a saucepan make a very diluted coconut cream mixture with about 1/3 packet of coconut cream and water
- Add the sugar and the bananas, boil over medium heat until tender
- Make a thick mixture with the remaining coconut cream and 1 cup hot water
- Add to the saucepan and bring to the boil
- Add the saffron, cardamom and nutmeg
- Place in a serving dish and serve cold
- Note: N.B. Ngonjas are yellow in colour and are ridged compared to eating bananas Ngonjas can be fried on their own as well and served as a snack The above pudding can be made using raw pawpaw. In this case, grate the pawpaw, boil water and add the pawpaw to it. Boil for a while. Drain and pour cold water over it. Cook in coconut cream as for ngonjas.