There are several etymological explanations behind the shami kebab. One explanation is that the name of the dish derives from the word shaam, which means “dinner” and “night” in Persian. It also means evening in Urdu and Hindi. The name may also derive from the scent of an itr called shamama.
Shami Kebab Defination: A round patty of minced lamb and lentils cooked in a tandoor; often served with a small salad with a yoghurt and mint dressing.
- 1 kilo steak (I use beef)
- 5-6 green chillies
- 3-4 onions
- 1/2 cup daal
- 3-4 potatoes
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp hardar
- 1 tsp dhana jeeru
- fudino, kothmiri, Gharam masala
- Ginger & Garlic
- And egg lastly once mixture done.
- boil steak with daal, onions, potatoes, green chillies, hardar, salt, adu, lasan together.
- Then mix all the into the mixture once boiled then take a food processor n blend everything together little by little.. Last when mixture is all done.
- Beat the egg and add and roll the kebabs ready to be fried on medium heat.. Enjoy!