Shepherd’s pie, cottage pie, or hachis Parmentier is a meat pie consisting of cooked minced meat topped with mashed potato. The dish has many variants, but the defining ingredients are red meat and onions in gravy or sauce, with a topping of mashed potato.
shepherd’s pie, common and inexpensive British dish originating from the sheep country in Scotland and northern England. It is a baked meat pie made with minced or diced lamb and topped with a thick layer of mashed potatoes.
This rich and meaty classic shepherd’s pie is made with a mixture of lamb and sirloin and topped with a creamy, cheesy mashed potato topping–it’s sure to delight everyone at the table.
- 1/2 Kilogram(kg) Mince
- 2 onions
- Tin tomato
- Lamb Bisto
- Black pepper
- Ginger garlic
- Mash potato/butter/black pepper/ mix corriander
- Cut onion in small pieces
- Wash mince, add onions and oil – add salt , pepper, ginger, garlic, and cook until dry.
- Add lemon juice
- Make bisto sauce by adding 2 table spoon bisto and warm water and pour into the mixture.
- Cook on low heat make sure it is not very thick.. add water if necessary
- Prepare mash potato and lay the mince in pyrex dish and decorate on top with mash potato.
- Put tomato sauce and decorate
- Takes 10 mins to cook