Thepla is a soft Indian flatbread typical of Gujarati cuisine It is typically enjoyed as a breakfast, or can be eaten for snacks. It can also be served as a side dish with a meal, or as a snack in the late afternoon. Thepla can be made with wheat flour, besan, methi and other spices.
Thepla can be enjoyed together with dahi (yoghurt), red garlic chutney and chunndo (sweet mango pickle).
- 2 cup chapati flour
- 1/2 cup jaggery(ghor)(or to taste)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoon(tbsp) oil for dough
- oil for frying
- 1 Melt jaggery in boiling water
- Siftthe flour, add the 3 tablespoons of oil and slowly add the melted jaggery to make a firm dough
- Taste mixture for required sweetness before rolling out
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness: cut into required shapes and deep fry until golden brown
- Drain onto kitchen paper