Methi bhaji is a traditional sabji made across different states in India. Methi is commonly called ‘fenugreek’ in English and ‘methi’ in Hindi, ‘menthi kura’ in Telugu.
Methi sabji is eaten rarely as it tastes slightly bitter but it is the best leafy vegetable which has lots of benefits.
- 3 bunches fresh fenugreek leaves
- 1 large fresh tomato,chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic,sliced
- 1 tablespoon(tbsp) oil
- 1 teaspoon(tsp) level coriander/cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(tsp) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(tsp) red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Clean, wash, and coarsely chop fenugreek leaves and leave aside
- Heat oil
- Add garlic and stir until golden brown
- Add the tomato, salt and the rest of the spices. Mix well and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Stir in the chopped fenugreek leaves and cook on low heat until the leaves arc tender, stirring occasionally to blend the sauce