Rotla also called bajra rotla is a Gujarati style bajra rotla. Though bajra is grown only in certain parts of Rajasthan, bajra rotlas are relished all over the country. Rotlas are made with bajra, jowar or nachni flour, and combine very well with ghee, jiggery.
Take care to make the rotlas as soon as the dough is kneaded, as the dough tends to harden quickly, making it difficult to roll.
- 3 Cups millet flour
- 1 Teaspoon(tsp) butter or ghee
- 1 Pinch salt
- butter or ghee for smearing
- 1,1/2 cup water
- Mix the flour and salt
- Rub in the butter or ghee
- Bind with a little cold water at a time and knead thoroughly into a soft dough
- Divide the dough into 3 portions
- Flatten each portion on kitchen foil into 1 /3 inch thick circle
- Lift the rotlo with the foil and slap on to a heated griddle. Remove the foil
- Cook over medium heat, turning over 3 times
- When cooked place rotlo on a plate
- Smear with butter or ghee when cooked