Chicken karahi, also known as chicken kadai, is a delicious dish originating in the north and northwest of South Asia. What is this? It takes its name from the kitchen utensil in which it is prepared, the karahi.
Chicken karahi masala (sauce) gets much of its flavor from garlic, ginger, and red chilies. There are lots of warming spices in this dish, as well as chiles.
- 1/2 cup oil or ghee
- 550 gram(g) chicken,bone in and cut into curry pieces
- 600 gram(g) tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(tbsp) ginger, minced
- 1-2 teaspoon(tsp) salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon(tsp) paprika/kashmiri red chilli
- 1.5 teaspoon(tsp) crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(tsp) chilli flakes
- 0.5 teaspoon(tsp) cumin powder
- 0.5 teaspoon(tsp) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(tsp) kalonji (black seed, optional)
- 2 green chillis, slit in half lengthwise
- 0.5 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup ginger cut into matchstick pieces
- Heat up your oil in a karahi dish, wok, cast iron skillet or any pan suitable for stirfrying, keeping the flame on high for the entire durationAdd the chicken in.
- Fry this, stirring constantly until the chicken begins to take on a golden colour in some places