If you love coconut, you’ll love these treats. They’re like a cross between coconut macaroons and chocolate chip cookies! Our coconut chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips.
These cookies are a great combination of soft and chewy, like a cross between macaroons and chocolate chip cookies. The recipe calls for shredded unsweetened coconut, so the coconut flavor shines through and isn’t masked by too much sweetness.
Coconut Chocolate Biscuits
- 2 cups flour ( plain or cake )
- 1 cup unsalted butter ( room temperature)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1. In a large bowl beat together the butter , sugar , egg ,vanilla and vegetable oil .
- Then add the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, dedicated coconut,baking powder salt .Mix until well combined . Use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Roll the dough and use a fork to make patterns on the dough . wrap the dough with a cling wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 40 minutes.
- On a slightly floured surface roll the dough into your desired thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the dough. Place in a prepared baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 180 Degrees Celsius.Do not over bake them !!!
- After cooling, melt some chocolate and sandwich the biscuits together.If you are using salted butter don’t add salt .Trust me, you are missing a lot of full written recipes if you don't follow My easy recipes