Kopra Pak is an exquisite Gujarati recipe loaded with the goodness of grated coconut, pistachios, milk, khoya, saffron, sugar, and ghee. This lip-smacking dessert recipe is a treat for those with a sweet tooth. You can skip all the other mundane mithai recipes such as besan laddoo or milk burfi, and try this not-so-common dessert recipe.
This burfi recipe is nothing, but the Gujarati version of coconut burfi which they team up with the pistachios. A must try dessert for festivals and special occasions, this dish will be loved by kids and adults alike!
- 1/2 kilogram desiccated coconut
- 300 grams sugar
- 75 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/2 evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 5-6 strands of saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Coarsely ground almonds and pistachios for decoration (optional)
- Boil the liquid milks, butter and half the quantity of sugar for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook, stirring all the time until the mixture thickens
- Place the mixture on a tray and sprinkle coarsely ground almonds and pistachios (optional)
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces