Raab is a warm health drink made from pearl millet flour also known as bajra that is infused with ginger and ajwain, most often prepared and served to strengthen the immune system of a new mother or to someone who is low on energy or has a congested chest. You can also serve it cold during summers.
- 25 grams(g) Butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons millet flour
- 50 grams(g) jaggery(ghor)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1,1/2 pint water ((milk optional))
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan
- Fry the cinnamon sticks in this for half a minute
- Add the flour and fry until golden brown
- Pour in the water (milk optional), stirring ail the time
- While the raab is cooking, add in the jaggery and ginger and stir well.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes
- Serve hot N.B. This drink is ideal for nursing mothers and soothing for coughs and colds