This luscious lamb shoulder recipe is infused with flavours! Give your holiday a lift with this easy lamb recipe.
Shoulder of Lamb
- 2 kg Shoulder Of Lamb
- 3 tbs Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 100g Rajah's Lamb Seasoning
- 2 Full tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Full tsp Garlic paste
- 1/3 tsp Salt (seasoning already has salt in it)
- 1,1/2 tbsp Olive oil/cooking oil
- Clean the lamb shoulder, do few slits.
- Wash the meat properly and drain.
- Place this in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients to make the marinade paste. If the paste is too thick add drops of cold water. The paste should be a good consistency not too thick or too thin otherwise it will be hard to coat the meat.
- Once the paste is ready, rub the paste all over the shoulder. Make sure to cover the meat fully and place marinate inside the slits too.
- Leave this to rest outside for 1/2 an hour then cover the bowl with cling film and place it in the fridge.
- Leave this to marinate overnight or two days.
- Take the meat out from the fridge and bring this down to room temperature for 1-2 Hours. This will ensure the meat is evenly cooked inside while roasting.
Roasting in the oven:
- Preheat the oven up on gas mark 6/180c on fan assisted oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the shoulder on a big tray, pour any excess marinade evenly on top.
- Place the tray in the oven and let this cook on gas mark 6/180c on fan assisted oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the tray out and cover the tray with foil.
- Place it back in the oven and cook on gas mark 4/160c in fan oven.
- Cook this fo 2 & 1/2 hours or until the lamb is completely tender. Half way during the cooking time you can turn the meat around. Slow cooking ensures tender meat. If you prefer to then you can remove the foil and cook towards the end.
- After the recommended cooking time, check if the meat is done. Once the meat looks cooked, turned the gas off.
- Leave this to rest for 20 minutes then serve this with gravy and roast veggies or however you prefer!