Tamarind chutney—also known as imli chutney, it is used in some Indian snacks. Tamarind chutney made from imli, banana, and some spices that can also be used with samosa, kachori, and other fried Indian snacks.
Tamarind Chutney or Imli chutney is a sweet and tangy chutney made with tamarind, jaggery and ginger powder. It is also known as saunth chutney.
- 1/4 Packet Tamarind
- 1 Cup walnut sized lump of jaggery
- 1 Teaspoon(tsp) salt
- 1 Tablespoon(tbsp) sugar
- 1 Teaspoon(tsp) red chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon(tsp) ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon(tsp) garlic paste
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil all the ingredients except coriander in 1 pint of water for 10 minutes
- Leave to cool
- Strain through a sieve removing seeds and dry skin from the pulp
- Garnish with coriander leaves