Coconut chutney is a Southern Indian chutney-side-dish and condiment, a common in the Indian subcontinent. The condiment is made with coconut pulp ground with other ingredients such as green chillies, tamarind, salt, coriander and water. Coconut chutney is made with both red chillies or green chillies.
coconut chutney is made by grinding coconut, green chillies, ginger and chana dal with water to a fine paste. Then a tempering of mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves is added to the fine paste to make nariyal chutney.
- 100 Gram dessicated coconut
- 1 Tablespoon(tbsp) chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 green chillies
- 1/2 Teaspoon(tsp) garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon(tsp) coconut cream
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- lemon juice to taste
- Put all the ingedients in a liquidiser and liquidise until smooth.